Christmas Tree Dilemma…Happy Ending!

I had to purchase a new tree this year and unfortunately the store was out of the 7.5 ft I needed.  So I purchased the 6 1/2 foot tree, which was $100 cheaper than the one I had intended on getting! When I got it home I realized it was way too short for the 9 foot ceilings in my home… So what to do? I have seen on line where people are putting their trees in these cute little wooden boxes or wagon‘s or sleigh so I thought let me try and do the same with maybe a flowerpot…which is what I had on hand…and FREE!

I thought this gigantic pot would be too large but it turned out it was not large enough.  So I took a bucket and weighted down the inside of the pot, set the top of the Christmas tree stand or actually the bottom of the Christmas tree stand on the lip of the pot…

As you can see from the pictures I used a furry throw and some fake snow to cover the tree stand on top of the pot.

The best discovery was that due to the fact the tree was short and I had to elevate it it actually wound up giving me much more space under the tree to utilize putting my presents under. I always thought it was wasted space when the branches of the tree were too low to the ground to get presents underneath. I don’t have a ton of room between my couch the window and the tree so this was a perfect solution.

So what I thought was going to be a negative turned out to be a positive and saved me over $100, plus solved the problem that I’ve had for years with being able to get presents under the tree!

You can see now from the picture above that I can get really tall bags as well as baskets for smaller gifts under the tree with no problem.

I hope you and your family are looking forward to a wonderful Christmas this year!

May God bless you and your family.

Merry CHRISTmas!



Comments

Carla Bartlett said…
I absolutely love this!

Carla