Cheap pads for your steamer mop...

You surely have old beach towels in the closet you don't use anymore...
I love my Swiffer and my Shark Steamer mop, except when I have to get new pads for them...

Today, I think to myself...self there has to be a cheaper way!


I decided to cut up pieces from an old beach towel...


I was cleaning my sunporch, so i didn't plan to keep the towel pieces...


I cut the pieces larger than the base of my Shark...


The reason I made them larger was so I could secure them...If you notice on one side I used a simple paperclip and the other side one of those black paper clasps.  Using these makes it simple to take it off and toss once your done.  Of course you could take the towel strips and wash them if you like, or just toss them!

Comments

LJ Swan said…
Thanks, hope you enjoy!
LJ Swan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fay said…
I love shark steam mop. But I only have 4 mop pads. These are too expensive. I notice it is like $1.5 one piece in AliExpress. I will buy more pads from there. Just want to share this information with the others. Also, your blog is good if someone wants to recycle their old fabrics. Thank you.