Caramel Heath Bar Crockpot Candy



 Crockpot candy is a wonderful thing!  A must during the Christmas season.

This year I decided to do a variation on the traditional chocolate and peanuts version.  

Let me first say these crockpot bags are AWESOME and will save you time when making the candy or anything in the crockpot…get them…have them on hand at all times!


I was at the store and was going to get pecans but decided on walnuts instead…a bit less expensive.




Heath bar crumbles sounded better than just plain old chocolate chips…right?


2 packages of chocolate almond bark.


Turn the crockpot on medium.  Break up the bark, add Heath pieces (2 bags), and 18 ounces of chopped walnuts to the crockpot.  Don’t forget to put the crockpot liner in first!
Put the lid on and wait.  I checked mine about every 15 minutes and gave it a stir with a wooden spoon.  Make sure to keep it stirred up so the chocolate doesn’t burn.  Literally once the chocolate is melted you are ready to start scooping!  Depending on your crockpot this could take as little as 30 to 40 minutes to be ready.

Now get those mini cupcake liners ready.


I lined mine up on a cookie sheet, no need for a muffin tray.  You could just scoop spoonfuls onto parchment paper but I prefer the little individual liners…and they help with portioning them out.

I also spotted the little caramel bits at the store.

I added 3 to 5 caramel balls to each cupcake liner.  I mean if someone got extra…lucky them!

Once the caramel bits were in I took two spoons and just started scooping the hot crockpot mixture on top of them.  No exact measurements here…just made sure I covered the little caramel balls and filled over half the liner.
One bag of caramel bits for this recipe.
Some bakers use cookie/ice cream scoops, but I find I work better with just two table spoons.


Once the mixture is all in the cupcake liners give them at least an hour or more to harden.  Make sure they are solid before trying to put on a tray or packaging them up.


This recipe made 110 pieces, so it goes a long way!
I’ve never used the caramel bits before, and they didn’t melt like I thought they would, but let me tell you…DIVINE!! 


 You didn’t expect me not to sample did you?
I suppose you could put the caramel bits on top of the candies before they harden but I’m okay with this version.

Let me know if you try it!


RECIPE:
Add the following to a lined crockpot on medium heat…
2 packs chocolate almond bark
18 ounces chopped walnuts
2 bags Heath crumbles
Stir ever 15 minutes until completely melted.

Add 3 to 5 caramel bits to each mini cupcake liner.  Scoop melted chocolate mixture on top of caramel.  Let cool completely before serving or packaging.









Comments