First Holiday Project


 Hey everyone, it’s been a while (LIKE 3 years since my last post) but I just finished my first DIY for Christmas 2020!  I don’t know about you but with this Covid mess I’m even more excited about the holidays this year.



I had a piece of thin 1/4 inch leftover plywood.  Found a similar design on Pinterest and drew it on the wood with pencil.  The snowman is about 33 inches tall and 23 inches wide, but you could make it any size.


Used my jigsaw to cutout the design.  This is a pretty simple drawing.  The areas where the initial is, I used a drill to get a hole started to get the saw blade in.  Maybe I accidentally chopped a finger off the snowman by mistake, but I still have all 10 of mine...so that’s a win...right?


I started with a silver paint but quickly decided it wasn’t enough of a pop, so I went with Christmas red.


Had to pay $3+ for this stuff, of course they were out of the cheap brand!

But in the end I think this $3 project, okay let’s say $4, turned out nice.  Green wired ribbon around the neck.  Think I’ll hang him on the fence at the end of the driveway...BUT I should probably wait until at least after Halloween...ha,ha!









Comments