DIY Outdoor Star Christmas Decoration on the Cheap

I had some leftover trim from when we built our house a couple years ago, yes I hoard junk!  Total project price = ZERO!
 
 
I cut a total of 5 pieces at 37inches each.

 
I used screws to attach in the shape of a star.  Let me say, I did not use serious carpentry skills on this, just slapped it together, this isn't something I'm keeping after the holidays.
 

 
Of course my Hershey was there with me all afternoon!
 

 
Once the star was together, I took small finishing nails and put them all along the edges on one side of the star, this was to help wrap the lights.


 
The nails really helped when I put all 5 strands of lights on.

 
Maybe not that pretty in the daylight, but just wait...

 
I nailed it to a tree in the driveway.  I also attached three strands of white rope lights that I strung to a second tree.  Prepare yourself, this was not the easy part of this project by any means!


But I LOVE the way it turned out!




And I got to use my new tool!!

 
And I can't forget to mention, my chickens also were with me for support!


Comments