Repurpose Pasta Sauce Jars...

I saved my pasta sauce, jelly jars and mayo jars over the year.  At Christmas, I gave them away with homemade bath salts in them. 

These glass jars are great for multiple uses.  I know I've shown you how I put a pump in one and now use to dispense my dish detergent out of it.  I'm sure you've seen the same thing for sale at Kirklands and Hobby Lobby recently.

Here's another use for the bathroom.  Let your jars sit in hot water with vinegar and dish soap combination to get the labels off.  If you still have glue, a Magic Eraser works wonders.

Take the lid and spray paint.

Once it dries, you can leave it like that, or put a coat of poly on it to keep the paint from rubbing off.  Also, depending on the finish of the lid, you may need to take a bit of sandpaper to it before painting, so the paint will stick better.

I got a couple of knobs from Hobby Lobby clearance a few months back, so I used one on my lid.


I think it turned out pretty cute.  Not bad for a 34 cent knob investment!


You could use larger jars for bath bombs, bath salts, cotton balls, etc.

Comments