Magazine Art project...

I've seen some of the magazine art projects on the web and thought I would give my hand a try at it for Christmas gifts...


I first printed off my computer the initial and remainder of last name of the gifts. 
 
I simply did this by using Word on the computer.  The letter you are going to use needs to be pretty large, easier to do the cuts for later.  If I did this again, I would print this on cardstock paper instead of regular copy paper.
 
 

Then I gathered up old magazines with the colors I thought would coordinate.  I also learned that the thicker the magazine page the better.  Covers of magazine and special inserts like for perfume worked the best.
 
 
Next, the hard part, cutting out the pieces to make them fit the large letter.  Dry fitting is the best option, before you glue, just to make sure it works out.  You can make the cuts of magazine as wide as you like, but the thinner, the more dramatic the finished product.


Once you've got the pieces fitted, you can simply use a bit of watered down school glue.  The reason I said cardstock would work better, you know that the copy paper tends to wrinkle with the wet glue.


I purchase a $6 frame from the Dollar General to put them in.  This frame came with a mat already, and I think finished it off nicely.

Comments