Barnwood console table


My hubs did me another big favor and constructed my console/sofa table for me last weekend...


We used the same wood that came from an old barn my dad had, the same wood we used to construct my cross hanging in the living room (previous post).
This stuff is like concrete and not to mention some of the muck on it from spending the last 40 years in a cow pasture.  I did clean it and cut off all (almost) all the rotten ends.



After about 15 minutes, okay 20, here's what we ended up with and I love it!  It is 6 ft long and about 10 inches wide.  The hardest part was getting the wood squared.  Oh and my lovely college son was the one who went with me to get this stuff out of the pasture.  Love these guys.  I also had hubs screw down my galvanized buckets on the second shelf so we can put shoes/whatever in them!

Comments