Muscadine Hunting!

If you're from the South, then you know what I'm talking about when I say MUSCADINES are one of God's greatest creations!


A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I were on the hunt, driving down the roads looking for the heavy laden vines of wonderfulness.


Once they are discovered, the work begins...now it's time to gather the fruit.  You can use the old shake and gather method, but the main goal is not to leave a single berry behind.  Here "G" is using sheets to help catch them as they fall.




Unfortunately, some of the berries are so high, you'd have to be a bird or squirrel to get to them.


Ahhhh, aren't they beautiful?  This year really produced a good crop, the best I've seen in the last few years.  We took these babies home and boiled them down for juice.  Jelly is in our future in the near future...I'll be sure to share with you.  If you've never tasted muscadine jelly, you're missing out!


Comments