Faux Grandfather Clock

Have you seen the peel and stick decals floating around the internet?  So have I...and I've seen their prices too!

IKEA has a grandfather clock they are selling that caught my eye...and I have a blank spot near my hallway.


I purchased a $4 clock from Family Dollar and freehanded an outline of a grandfather clock.  I pulled up some photos on the internet for ideas too...

 
I used paint that I had left over from other projects.  I decided to use "Knights Tale" as my base color.

I had some bright green for the center...


I used a touch of silver in the center to give a little depth.  Then added my $4 clock...


The project took me about an hour to finish, I love it!




Comments

Unknown said…
Nice! I really like this because A) it doesn't take up a lot of space and B) it looks super arty and can match any decor.
Great work :)