Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe...

My son has been asking for cookies, so this afternoon, I decided I would blog my favorite recipe...


Gather ingredients...
But first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees...

1 stick melted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour...yes Self Rising
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs...add eggs last so your warm butter will have time to cool...you don't want cooked chunks of eggs in your cookies...

Mix well with wooden spoon, this dough will be pretty tight.  Finally, add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, or whatever size/flavor you want.

Spoon them on to baking sheet.  This recipe makes 18 large cookies, about 2 1/2 to 3 inches  in diameter. 

Here's the trick...I LOVE soft cookies.  I don't care how much milk I have, hard baked cookies go straight to the trash!  Ok, I know that sounds harsh, but it's just the way it is.

Ok, Trick...I baked my cookies today for 13 minutes, and they were pretty large cookies.  If you want soft baked, you need to pull them out of the oven when they still seem to be a tad underdone.  They still will cook some out of the oven due to heat of the cookie sheet, and once they cool, they firm up. 

 
These are going to be good tonight with a big glass of milk!

Comments