Frugal/Cheap Fabric Softener

I still wonder who the person was who came up with Pinterest...WOW, what an awesome source!

Today, Frugal Fabric Softener...

I've just taken my first load out of the washer and put in the dryer...smells good so far!

I had a smaller "empty" bottle of a name brand product, so I just used it for the product.

Take 3 cups warm water
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
and 1 cup of hair conditioner...yes the kind you use for your hair!  Doesn't matter the brand, just pick a scent you like.  
Who doesn't have extra conditioner around the house, we never use it as quickly as the shampoo...
                                      
I know it looks a little yucky at this point...
Stir the product together...

Pour product in empty bottle and use just as you would Downy or Gain Fabric Softener...



To be honest, when I poured it in my washer, it smelled like vinegar, but when I took the clothes out of the washer, there was no smell, nothing but a nice smell like the conditioner.  I've just opened the dryer to double check, and no vinegar smell...at all!

Comments