$2 Chevron Flowerpot

If you've looked in any magazine recently, you've seen that Chevron is everywhere!

My recently acquired fern (thanks to my sister-in-law) was in need of a larger pot...

I picked up two from the Dollar Tree... $1 each...



First, a coat of black spray paint on both pots...making sure to cover the entire outside and inside of the pots, just around the tops...

I took painters tape and made my Chevron stripes...NOTE...don't attach the tape until the base coat is DRY...  You may even want to wait a few hours in between...
My best bud, Hershey, decided to help me out...not to mention soaking up the warm sun!


Once the tape was on, I used some old white paint I had to do the Chevron...


Don't worry of the lines aren't perfect, you can fill them in once the tape is off.


Once the basic outline is painted.  You can remove the tape and fill in where needed.


I was planning to screw the two pots together, but that didn't work out.  So out came the trusty hot glue gun.  Make sure to use enough to secure them.  The pots were not exactly flat on the bottom...again, they were $1.


Once glued, I flipped them over, filled with soil and my fern...


I'm pretty happy with the results...

Comments