Repurpose an old piece of furniture...

My sister in law gave me her old buffet when she moved in to her new home.  I gladly took it once she gave me approval to modify it down the road.  It sat in my garage for almost two years until we moved in to our new home...

I had always planned to transform it to a bathroom vanity.  My plumber almost shattered my dream when he said he didn't think it would withstand cutting two holes in the top to drop in sinks...UGGGGG.

But there was a chance that a vessel sink might work.  I'm not a big fan of vessel sinks, I thought they always looked a little too trendy.  My husband and I went shopping and all we could find were clear glass or some that were funky metal...not my style.  We looked at stock double vanities and they were pushing upwards of $800, that wasn't going to happen.

THEN my hubby found these for me, white with a hint of old style...



My plan was to paint the buffet jet black, but it has grown on me since we put it in.  We were in a hurry to just get working plumbing and I didn't take the time.  All of the drawers on the bottom had to be cut down to be able to still use them.  The top compartments in the cabinet were left as they were.


When we purchased the sinks, we had to select some faucets.  The "modern" vessel sink faucets were starting at $160 each, and I needed two!  Again, thought my dreams were about to be dashed.  We walked down to the kitchen faucet section and found these sweet babies...They work perfect and were less than $30 each!


Next, mirrors.  I got a tip from my brother that a local home decor store had mirrors on sale.  I found these two that fit perfect!  They had been $69 each and were on sale for $29.  


I love the results!

Comments