Pies in Jars...

A friend/Sally, told me about a lady who cans banana nut bread for her soldier son who is oversees.  I looked up on blogworld about cooking in jars and discovered a whole new world...

Select 1/2 pint jar that have straight sides, like the ones above...

Spray each jar with Pam, then take small pie dough rounds rolled out and work inside the jars.  You can trim any from the edge or just leave it.


Fill each jar with pie filling of your choice.  I used the Apple Caramel from Wal-Mart.  It took two cans for 12 individual pies...


I used a crumble topping on my pies, but you can use a lattice crust if you want to take the time.  You can't believe how cute these are....  Once baked and cooled, you can let your guest eat right out of the jars or run a knife along the inside of the jars, and the pies slide right out.  These are great for individual servings.  Keep Christmas in mind, these would make great gifts for a neighbor or the postman.  I'll be on the lookout for jars this summer for sure!

Comments