Forget MilkBone, make your own dog biscuits...

I've seen several recipes for dog biscuits on the internet, so I thought I would give it a try...with a little adjusting to the recipes I found...

Combine one cup boiling water with 4 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in it, add to 1 cup of rolling oat and 1/3 cup of butter in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes...


Once the mixture has rested for 10 minutes...add two tablespoons brown sugar, 3/4 cup cornmeal, 1 egg, 1/2 cup whole or skim milk, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, and 2 1/2 cups AP flour.


The mixture will be pretty sticky.


I used a 1/2 sheet baking tray, or you could use two 9X13 pans...line with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour so it won't stick.

I used a pastry roller to roll the mixture right on the tray...use some extra flour so it won't stick.  If you don't have a pastry roller, you could used a floured glass on its side...or just your hands!


Once rolled out,take a pizza cutter and cut out your dog biscuits.  Now you could use the cute dog bone shape cookie cutter and do each one individually, but my dog (Hershey) doesn't care about the shape...he's all about the taste...

Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden brown.

Once baked, they easily come apart, just like they were cut....

Hershey has eaten four this afternoon, and he just sits by his treat cabinet in the kitchen...waiting on the next....I guess he likes them!!!!

Comments