First All Girls Baking Party...

I've been promising a couple of my besties that we would have a baking party...and today was the day!  

Gracie and Reese were big helpers in making the "Pioneer Woman's" strawberry oatmeal bars.


1 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon salt

cut butter into dry mixture....




Once the ingredients are mixed well...put 1/2 mixture into bottom of well buttered pan...pat down making sure all corners are covered.



Then spoon strawberry jam on the mixture...spread, covering the pan...



Then pour remaining mixture on top of jam...gently pat down.  Bake at 350-degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.  Let bars cool completely before cutting.



They were delicious...we also made brownies.

Also, for tomorrow's New Years dinner, we made a cake...French Vanilla, from the box...


My grandmother used to make this cake...I know it's winter, but I was in the mood for something a little  on the lighter side....once the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it with fork...


Then pour a container of sweetened sliced strawberries over the cake and let it soak up for at least an hour.



Once the strawberry juice has soaked up in the cake, top with a container of coolwhip...wow, it's gonna be wonderful...Oh how I miss my grandma Annie Mae.


I had fun, thanks Reese and Gracie!

Comments